Relax & Wax
Before Waxing Tips:
• Let your hair grow out for 2 to 3 weeks (about a quarter of an inch) before going in for waxing.
• Exfoliate the skin the day before your appointment with a loofah or a gentle body scrub. This will remove dead skin, allowing the wax to grip shorter hairs.
• Notify your waxer of any medications you’re taking.
• Take an aspirin or ibuprofen an hour before your appointment. (Please consult with your physician if you have any questions.)
• Stay out of the sun 24 hours before and after all waxing services.
• Do not go into a hot tub or pool right after waxing especially in the bikini area. Heat, chlorine, and salt may irritate, sting, and feel uncomfortable.
• Let your skin breathe. Do not wear skintight clothing because this will cause irritation and possibly ingrown hair.
• Exfoliate Keep that dead skin from ruining your wax by clogging pores and causing ingrown hair. Two full days after your service lightly exfoliate with a body scrub or loofah, if your skin is not red or irritated. If you have a problem with ingrown hair, keep an ingrown hair product on hand.
When Not to Wax:
• Never wax if you are taking Accutane, Renova, Differin, or Retin-A. These medications increase the rate at which your skin exfoliates.
• If you are currently experiencing sunburned skin, please wait until sunburned skin is completely healed before making an appointment.
BEFORE & AFTER WAXING CARE